Multiple Nagios processes

Lonny Selinger lonny at bangtherockstogether.net
Mon Mar 24 16:05:30 CET 2003

> No, I think it is not normal. Did nagios made all your checks in the  given
> time? Looks like I have the same problem. But I use nagios with  linux (SuSe
> 8.1, Kernel 2.4.19) too. Maybe that is the problem?

Well so far at first glance this is what I'm showing for execution times according
to nagios:

Time Frame Checks Completed
<= 1 minute: 72 (15.1%)
<= 5 minutes: 396 (83.2%)
<= 15 minutes: 475 (99.8%)
<= 1 hour: 475 (99.8%)
Since program start:   475 (99.8%)

so the <=1 minute is sufferring but I'm also not sure the best way to interpret
this output ... (real time?, based on check interval? etc). On another side note
... for anyone running Nagios on AIX, Chris Rothecker and myself should be done
the new suite of check commands geared for AIX very soon ... we're just doing some
slight debugging (apart from this that is)  ;)

Thanks again for all the help,
Lonny