Sending E-Mail Notification

Joseph Hardeman jhardeman at localweb.com
Fri Mar 21 19:52:35 CET 2003

Greetings,

We will be starting to using Nagios as our primary monitor software, I have almost everything configured I need to monitor not only all the servers, but also all of the different configurations.

The only thing I do not know how to setup is to limit the e-mail notifications for a service status check to only 3 emails being sent out.  Now we only want 2 emails sent for a CRITICAL STATE after the proper time limit and even if the check is down for a full day.  The next email we want to receive is the Green notice email, that the service has returned to a proper state.

Any ideas and any assistance on this would be appreciated.  I have looked through the archives but have not found anything specific to what I am looking for.

Thanks.

Joseph Hardeman
Joseph Hardeman
Hosting Administrator