plugins installed

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Fri Mar 21 17:19:32 CET 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Raj Mudhar wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have installed my first pluging (fping)..  In the manual under the
> Installing Nagios section it says plugins re usually installed in
> /usr/local/nagios/libexec
>
> I have gone to this directory after installing fping and nothing is
> there so its obviously installed it elswhere.
>
> i used the tar.gz file and ran /configure as it stated.. can you tell me
> whats wrong and if this is a major problem if the plugin is not in this
> directory.?

When you say you installed a plugin (fping) - do you mean that you
installed the ping package from fping.com? If so - this is not the plugin.

The nagios-plugins are available at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nagiosplug

When you compile them - all get compiled at the same time - and the
install process creates the libexec directory (default destination) and
installs the plugins there.

--

-sg