Scalability

Lou Anschuetz lou at ece.cmu.edu
Fri Mar 21 14:51:44 CET 2003

On our way to a goal of 1100, we are currently at 662 active
hosts monitored.

Monitoring host is an UltraSparc 5, 360Mhz, so nothing fancy.

When you dump in 200 hosts at once (something I recently did),
it can take 30-45 minutes to recover, but after that most hosts
are still being seen every few minutes. For obvious reasons,
the fewer hosts down the better the performance.

Overall, we are quite impressed. Still sorting out a few things that
require pre-reqs in the Solaris version that are not quite the
same as in the Linux versions, but otherwise no major problems.

--On Saturday, March 22, 2003 12:40 AM +1100 Ben Lisle

Lou Anschuetz, lou at ece.cmu.edu
Network Manager, ECE Department, CMU
412-512-6052