NSClient & check_nt & FILEAGE

Bosse Klykken bosse at klykken.com
Fri Mar 21 13:10:14 CET 2003

I'm sending this to the nagiosplug mailing list as well, as that's
where it really is relevant.

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 01:47:52PM +0100, Marko Riedel wrote:
> I noticed that check_nt would always reply with "could not parse
> arguments" when asked to fetch the FILEAGE statistic. I looked at the
> source code and it seems that "FILEAGE" is not implemented.

> check_nt (nagios-plugins 1.3.0-alpha1) 1.1.1.1

I have the same problem on some remote locations, using the same
version as you, (nagios-plugins 1.3.0-alpha1) 1.1.1.1. The locations
where I use check_nt (netsaint-plugins 1.2.9-4) 1.1.2.3, the fileage
function works fine.

I use it for monitoring updates of virus definition files on Windows
servers.

.../Bosse
--
Bosse Klykken - http://www.klykken.com/~bosse - PGP: 0x570ABB4E
We learn from history that we don't learn from history