Service / Host dependencies

Trevor Reynolds trevor.reynolds at talkingnets.com
Thu Mar 20 15:19:26 CET 2003

Is there any way to make a host dependent on a service?

Essentially here is what I am looking to do....

I monitor my customer T1's from the CPE end via ping. (the hosts).

I have a 7200 router, multiple DS3's, with cust T1's hanging off them. Using
check SNMP plugin, I am monitoring the OperStatus of the DS3's. These are
monitored as a service.

What I'd like to do, is have the cust T1's dependent on the 7200's DS3
service. Therefore, if a DS3 goes out, we don't get notified for 28 T1's
being out of service.

Any ideas out there?

Trevor Reynolds
TalkingNets

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information contained in this message may be
privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure.  No
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited.  Please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify
the sender.  Thank you.