pb with service notification

Steve Dussaux stevox2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 14:20:00 CET 2003

Hello,

Many users should have ask for this but since research in sourceforge mailing list archives
doesn't work, I haven't found answer to my question.

I have my hosts notifications working but not the services notifications.
Here is my configs :

######contactgroups.cfg#########
define contactgroup {
contactgroup_name              nagios-admins
alias                          Nagios Administrators
members                        nagios
}

######contacts.cfg#########
define contact {
contact_name			nagios
alias				nagios admin
service_notification_period 	24x7
host_notification_period 	24x7
host_notification_options 	d,u,r
service_notifications_options 	w,u,c,r
service_notification_commands 	notify-by-email
host_notification_commands 	host-notify-by-email
email				nagios at ...
}

######miscommands.cfg########
define command {
command_name                   notify-by-email
command_line                   /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios 1.0 *****\n\nNotification Type:
$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService: $SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState:
$SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n$OUTPUT$" | /bin/mail -s "**
$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert - $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$
}

define command {
command_name                   host-notify-by-email
command_line                   /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios 1.0 *****\n\nNotification Type:
$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\nHost: $HOSTNAME$\nState: $HOSTSTATE$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nInfo:
$OUTPUT$\n\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n" | /bin/mail -s "Host $HOSTSTATE$ alert for $HOSTNAME$!"
$CONTACTEMAIL$
}

And finally one the service (my service is actually in an UNKNOWN STATE and i got no
notifications)
######services.cfg#######
define service {
hostgroup_name          serveurs-applicatifs
service_description     Proc_usage_as400
check_command           apan!snmpget_processor!9000!9800
check_period            24x7
normal_check_interval   5
max_check_attempts      3
retry_check_interval    1