Web-Based config

Jay West jwest at kwcorp.com
Wed Mar 19 17:34:43 CET 2003

I spent several days a few weeks ago working with nagat. I like the interface, seems like a well thought out package. However, I ran across some very severe bugs in the code, which rendered it all but useless. Then I decided to try the latest CVS version, and unfortunately I must say it was even buggier. Not usable in it's present form at all, so I had to just go and do all the nagios config by hand. I'll wait a month or two and then definitely try nagat again, it would be very sweet if it worked. I guess it's possible that the issues I ran into were FreeBSD-centric, but I doubt it. Many of the issues were things like it would read the config file, but nothing would show in the web interface. The data was there, because it would write it back out when you export it. This was only for one or two of the config files - the others seemed to work. Also, even though the web interface says you can import the files all at once, that won't work. You have to import each file one at a time. I recall there was some bugs more serious than this, but can't think exactly what they were. Yes, I tried the patches posted on the site, then went to the cvs version and things just got worse.

I will definitely use it once it works right.

Jay West