Entering Service State Information

Dave Font Dave.Font at Systime.co.nz
Wed Mar 19 06:17:57 CET 2003

I am running nagios-1.0 on Caldera Openlinux 3.1.1

The installation was trouble-free and the FAQ's have generally been a great
help. I have been trying out the product for about a week and I have found
it very useful.

However, I am trying to enter Service State Information to acknowledge a
particular service problem message.

I type information into the "Entry into Comment:" field, then I  [Commit]

I get the message: Error: Could not stat () command file
'/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd!'

I have checked a FAQ and ensured the 'rw' directory is drwxrws--- and is
owned by 'nagios' and group-ownership is 'nagiocmd'.

I had created a group call 'nagiocmd'

I have created a user-name called 'nagiosadmin' using htpasswd

The cgi.cmd has the following :

authorized_for_system_information=nagiosadmin,guest
authorized_for_configuration_information=nagiosadmin,guest
authorized_for_system_commands=nagiosadmin
authorized_for_all_services=nagiosadmin,guest
authorized_for_all_hosts=nagiosadmin,guest
authorized_for_all_service_commands=nagiosadmin
authorized_for_all_host_commands=nagiosadmin

Inside the 'rw' directory is the file nagios.cmd , owned by nagios with
group-ownership nagiocmd
The file is zero size and has permissions prw-rw----

Could someone please help me resolve this issue or determine what further
information I need to supply to problem-solve

Dave Font
Communications
Systime Computer Company Ltd

190 Great South Road
Remuera
PO Box 74147
Market Road, Auckland
Telephone:  +64 9 529 1445
Facsimile:    +64 9 529 1466
Email:	Dave.Font at Systime.co.nz <mailto:Dave.Font at Systime.co.nz>
Comms at Systime.co.nz <mailto:Comms at Systime.co.nz>

<http://www.systime.co.nz/>
<http://www.autonet.co.nz/>
<http://www.autovillage.co.nz/>

If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the
sender. Views expressed in this message and any attachments are those of the
individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of Systime Computer
Company Ltd or SAM Computer Systems Ltd.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been virus scanned.
No computer viruses were detected, however no liability will be accepted for
any consequential damage resulting from email containing computer viruses.