services.cfg and notifications (wishfull thinking)

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Tue Mar 18 19:15:38 CET 2003

For notifications, you are in complete control on what Nagios executes.
 If you make a "smart" notification script, the script can know what
services should also causes pages to be sent.  Then, you make a command
definition (probably in the misccommands.cfg file) that calls this
script with several arguments (the host name, service name, output,
pager, email, etc).  Use this as your notification command for your
contacts.

Another option is to make 2 contact groups, one for contacting via email
and one for contacting via pager.  Then, you can use the contact_groups
setting of a service definition to have some services use both groups
(sends pages and emails) and others just the email contactgroup.

As for sending to individual contacts, this is currently not an option
anywhere.  I don't know if there is any plan to add it as an additional
feature.

Russell

--
Russell Scibetti