CGI Permissions prob - have looked at FAQ and archives many times

efreis efreis at opentable.com
Mon Mar 17 16:53:23 CET 2003

Okay, everything should be set up properly.  I can login, and the info box shows me as being "Logged in as efreis".  I've been over everything, permissions are fine (even gave world rw to all in nagios sub dirs&files for the hell of it), etc.  Tactical Overview" always shows nothing (shows there are no hosts, services, etc to monitor) , but does not give the "It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for any of the hosts you requested..." error.

Here is cgi.cfg:

main_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
physical_html_path=/usr/local/nagios/share
url_html_path=/nagios
show_context_help=0
nagios_check_command=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nagios /usr/local/nagios/var/status.log 5 '/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios'
use_authentication=1
#default_user_name=guest
authorized_for_configuration_information=efreis,bgoldstein,t est
authorized_for_configuration_information=efreis,bgoldstein,t est
authorized_for_system_commands=efreis,bgoldstein,test
authorized_for_all_services=efreis,bgoldstein,test
authorized_for_all_hosts=efreis,bgoldstein,test
authorized_for_all_service_commands=efreis,bgoldstein,test
authorized_for_all_host_commands=efreis,bgoldstein,test
default_statusmap_layout=5
default_statuswrl_layout=4
ping_syntax=/bin/ping -n -U -c 5 $HOSTADDRESS$
refresh_rate=90

So, how is it possible I am logged in as efreis, efreis has
authorized_for_all_services=efreis,bgoldstein,test
authorized_for_all_hosts=efreis,bgoldstein,test
But I still get the permissions error??   Even if I turn off anuthentication, same permissions error.

  HELP!

 Thanks,

 -Elliott