AW: Check Citrix has limitations....? - Nah, it wa s my brain.

nemir nemiria nemir at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 17 10:41:36 CET 2003

Sure...

download the check_citrix plugin to your system.

>From there,  double check that it will function by running it independently
of your nagios with the following command.

./check_citrix -C citrixsvr -P publishedapp

It should return with a response something like:

Ok. Citrix master browser "IP Address of citrixsvr" reported that the
published application "publishedapp" is available.

Or it will return:

Failed.  "publishedapp" not found in list of published applications
"list,of,published,apps,found,comma,separated"

If it returns the latter,   but only shows up the first few applications try
the command with an extra -L switch as the following example:

./check_citrix -C citrixsvr -P publishedapp -L

IF you get a report that says:

Failed.  No response to helo datagram (master browser query) from citrixsvr.

It means that the monitoring host cannot connect to the specified citrix
server over UDP port 1604.  Check your firewall rulesets on all systems.
check that the citrix service is running on the destination citrix server.

Once you confirm that the check_citrix tool will work manually,  just add
the rule(s) into your nagios services.cfg file.

I hope this has been of some assistance.

Please note,  citrixsvr should be the name of your citrix server.
publishedapp should be the name of your published application on the citrix
server and this is CaSe SeNsiTivE.   I have an entry for all my citrix
servers in the /etc/hosts file on the monitoring host.  I suspect this may
be important.  ;-)

Best regards,

nemir