check_dns

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Fri Mar 14 00:50:28 CET 2003

We're running tinydns here, and dnscachex as well.  I'll assume for this
discussion that you're not running dnscachex.

AFAIK, check_dns does *not* require tcp port 53 to be open.

Please provide the following:

- cut-and-paste output of your nslookup query
- cut-and-paste output of your dig query
- cut-and-paste of your /etc/resolv.conf
- the IP address(es) of your DNS server(s)

Please do NOT hand-edit anything in an attempt to obfuscate details to the
general public.  One typo is all that I'll need in order to mis-diagnose
your situation.

jc