check_pop & check_imap

Denis J. O'Toole Denis.OToole at dd.nec.com.au
Fri Mar 14 00:02:42 CET 2003

Thanks for the warning ;)

Hope this info helps solve my puzzle.. thanks again

==================
checkcommands.cfg
==================
<snip>

# 'check_imap' command definition
define command {
    command_name   check_imap
    command_line   $USER1$/check_imap -H $HOSTADDRESS$
    }

# 'check_pop' command definition
define command {
    command_name   check_pop
    command_line   $USER1$/check_pop -H $HOSTADDRESS$
    }

=========
hosts.cfg
=========
<snip>

# 'MUA Pickup Host' host definition
define host{
    use            generic-host        ; Name of host template to use
    host_name        pophost
    alias            Linux Fileserver
    address            1.2.3.4
    check_command        check-host-alive
    max_check_attempts    10
    notifications_enabled    1
    notification_interval    120
    notification_period    24x7
    notification_options    d,u,r
    }
</snip>

============
services.cfg
===========
<snip>

# Service definition
define service{
    use                generic-service        ; Name of service template
to use

    host_name            pophost
    service_description        POP3
    is_volatile            0
    check_period            24x7
    max_check_attempts        3
    normal_check_interval        5
    retry_check_interval        1
    contact_groups            unix-admins
    notification_interval        120
    notification_period        24x7
    notification_options        w,u,c,r
    check_command            check_pop   ; check_command
check_tcp!110

    }

# Service definition
define service{
    use                generic-service        ; Name of service template
to use

    host_name            pophost
    service_description        IMAP4
    is_volatile            0
    check_period            24x7
    max_check_attempts        3
    normal_check_interval        5
    retry_check_interval        1
    contact_groups            unix-admins
    notification_interval        120
    notification_period        24x7
    notification_options        w,u,c,r
    check_command           check_imap    ; check_command
check_tcp!143
    }
</snip>

--
Regards,

Denis J. O'Toole

- "There are 10 types of people in this world.
   Those that understand binary, and those that don't."

--

Denis O'Toole
Voice Products Department
Email: Denis.OToole at nec.com.au