SNMP Discovery

Fred Albrecht Fred.Albrecht at za.tiscali.com
Thu Mar 13 23:46:40 CET 2003

Well, I kinda did it the hard way.

I supply the program I wrote with a list of addresses where my services live.  Then I parse the output of the traceroute command to see how I get from my Nagios machine to my destination.  The scrippy then writes my hosts.cfg file (with parents and all) and puts a default check_ping service in for each router along the way.  Looks kinda nice when the end result is a nice statusmap all filled in for me (btw I'm lazy, that's why I do these things ;)