NSClient

Shawn Wallis swallis at ittc.ukans.edu
Thu Mar 13 19:13:35 CET 2003

I am having a similar problem on Solaris.

I am using plugins Beta 3, (I had problems compiling check_nt with Beta
2)...

The problem is similar, I can query the machine from the command line,
and get a response.  I have the password set to "None"

This is the response I get:

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nt -H 10.1.1.25 -p 1248 -v MEMUSE -l
-w 80 -c 90
Memory usage: total:1562.33 Mb - used: 240.69 Mb (15%) - free: 1321.64 Mb
(85%)

However, the nagios console reports "Warning - No Output"..

I am wondering, if the return codes are not working correctly?

Is anyone else using the nsclient/check_nt successfully under Solaris?

My configuration is as follows:

define command{
  command_name    check_nt_memuse
  command_line    $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v MEMUSE -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$
  }

services:

define service{
        host_name                       test1
        service_description             Memory
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           3
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  test
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_nt_memuse!80!95
        }

Thanks..

- Shawn