send_nsca

Kreig Dubose KreigD at webex.com
Thu Mar 13 09:14:37 CET 2003

OS:  RH8
Nag: Nagios 1.0

I'm trying to obviously get send_nsca working.  I've read through the
documents and perhaps it's due to the late hour, or my ignorance ;) but I
cannot determine how to supply the actual service check to the nagios
station.

On the host
[kreigd at goclnx1 nagios]$ ./send_nsca -H nagios -p 5667 -t0 15 -c
/etc/send_nsca.cfg
Incorrect command line arguments supplied

NSCA Client 2.3

On the nagios server
kreigd   25227     1  0 Mar12 ?        00:00:00 ./nsca -c /etc/nsca.cfg
--daemon
tcp        0      0 *:5667                  *:*                     LISTEN

Do I need to write a script to use this command?  or do I just redirect the
output of the check_* command to send_nsca ??

I can find no docs that answer this seemingly fundamental question??

TIA,

Kreig