nagios and Solaris 8 problem

Ben.Farris at key3media.com Ben.Farris at key3media.com
Thu Mar 13 01:34:54 CET 2003

Thanks...

I had a few people respond about this. I'm curious why this happens?? Any
ideas?
I'm just wondering if this common or if there is something I need to fix on
my system.

-Ben

                    Philip Brown
                    <nagios at bolthole.com>                To:     nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
                    Sent by:                             cc:
                    nagios-users-admin at lists.sourc       Subject:     Re: [Nagios-users] nagios and Solaris 8 problem
                    eforge.net

                    03/12/2003 02:59 PM
                    Please respond to Philip Brown

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 03:50:02PM -0500, David Vasil wrote:
> It sounds as though your binary is being stripped by differing
> versions of strip.  I have had issues in the past with the
> ccs version of strip while using gcc to compile my Sunos58 software.
> Try using the gnu strip instead during compilation/installation.

You stated that exactly backwards.
GNU strip is the messed up one.
/usr/ccs/bin/strip, the native strip, works properly, as you might expect.

reporting any issue.