Information on stalking configuration

Stefan Hanssen Stefan.Hanssen at baerum.kommune.no
Wed Mar 12 12:09:13 CET 2003

It seems to me that stalking is a topic which is not widely covered.
I am trying to enable staking for one host, with no success.

Veryfing the following host configuration,

define host {
host_name                      fw-ic-n2
alias                          FW Indre Cluster Node 2
address                        193.161.42.132
register                       1
max_check_attempts             5
notification_interval          0
notification_period            24x7
notification_options           d,u,r
stalking_options               d,u
parents                         fw-ic
}

gives me the following error:

[root at monitor01 etc]# /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

Nagios 1.0
Copyright (c) 1999-2002 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)
Last Modified: 11-24-2002
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Error: Invalid stalk_warning value for host 'fw-ic-n2'

Error: Could not register host (config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/hosts.cfg', line 375)

***> One or more problems was encountered while processing the config files...

I figured that i need to use a stalk_warning parameter in the config file, but i cant find information on configuration options for this vareiable. Does anyone know where i can find more information on stalking ?

Vennlig hilsen
Stefan Hanssen
Datakontoret, Bærum Kommune

e-post  stefan.hanssen at baerum.kommune.no