http+ssl monitor?

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy+nagios at undergrid.net
Tue Mar 11 18:10:29 CET 2003

	I will look into this but unless the SSL portion was rip'd from
the check_http code it should work as I have the following entries in my
commands config file:

command[check_https]=$USER1$/check_http -H $ARG1$ --ssl -I $HOSTADDRESS$
	-w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$
command[check_https_cert]=$USER1$/check_http -H $ARG1$ --ssl
	-I $HOSTADDRESS$ -C $ARG2$

	For both ARG1 is the hostname you're checking... For
check_https ARG2 and ARG3 are your warning and critical values and for
check_https_cert it's the number of days prior to expiration to return a
WARNING state and returns a CRITICAL when it expires...

	I had this with the old Netsaint plugins check_http
(netsaint-plugins 1.2.9-4) 1.32.2.6 but I'm checking into the current
CVS version check_http (nagios-plugins 1.3.0) 1.25 right now... It does
still have the SSL code and it does work... You do have to have the
openssl library header files available when it's compiled in order for
the SSL support to be compiled in...

jeremy at neo:~/cvs/nagiosplug$ plugins/check_http -w 5 -c 10
	--ssl -H www.verisign.com
HTTP ok: HTTP/1.1 200 OK -   0.328 second response time |time=  0.328

jeremy at neo:~/cvs/nagiosplug$ plugins/check_http -H www.verisign.com
	--ssl -C 14
Certificate will expire on 06/09/2003 23:5.

	That run was from the CVS version but I don't recall any code
changes being made in CVS to check_http since 1.3.0 released...

	Jeremy