nrpe : 'unable to read output'

le jert lejert at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 11 13:53:55 CET 2003

when checking disk space on remote hosts using nrpe, I get the message :
'unable to read output'

here is my config :

#'check_nrpe' command definition
define command {
command_name check_nrpe
command_line /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c $ARG1$
}

#Service definition for checking free disk space on /dev/hda1
define service{
use generic-service
host_name salluste
service_description /dev/hda1 Free Space
is_volatile 0
check_period 24x7
contact_groups intern-servers-contactgroup
notification_options c,w,r
check_command check_nrpe!check_disk1
}

the config file on the client contains that line :

command[check_disk1]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 20 -c 10 -p
/dev/hda1

according to the client the disk is 8% full and I don't plan to use TCP
Wrapper.

Could you help me ?

(running on redHat 7.3 // nagios-1.0 with pluggin 1.3.0)