Nagios and event correlation: plugging in sec simple event correlator

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Sat Mar 8 19:59:06 CET 2003

Hi all:

I get a number of problems that are expected. E.G. high bandwidth
usage when jumpstarting a system, or that I want additional
thresholding (more than 5 passive events received in a given time)
etc.. I would like to add sec (simple event correlator)

  http://www.estpak.ee/~risto/sec/

to the filtering chain in nagios. Does anybody have any ideas on how
to integrate these tools? For purely passive events, I can try using
sec to transfer passive events from a sec input pipe to the nagios
command pipe. However I also want to suppress events that come from
active polls based on other occurrences on the network. I am guessing
that I can do something with event triggers, but I am not quite sure
how to start, so I thought I would ask here.

				-- rouilj
John Rouillard