Nagios pronunciation

Blair Rampling brampling at methanex.com
Fri Mar 7 20:42:35 CET 2003

You could have checked the FAQ:

http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=3&expand=false&showdesc=true

- --
Blair Rampling

>>> "Dan Rich" <drich at employees.org> 03/07/03 10:57am >>>

We have been having a discussion about what the proper pronunciation of Nagios
is so I figured I would ask the source. :)

I'm leaning towards something that almost sounds Russian -- nog-e-os.  We have
a few people that seem to think it's more American -- nag-e-os (which might be
correct, since it is constantly nagging us about systems :).  There are a few
other interpretations, but those are the two major ones.

So, how does everyone else pronounce it, and to the authors, which one is
correct?

--
Dan Rich <drich at employees.org> |   http://www.employees.org/~drich/