plugin problems....

Brian Kosick briank at nacs.net
Fri Mar 7 17:52:25 CET 2003

Thanks for the reply,
    No I did not even have epn compiled, which I promptly did.
nagios -m

Nagios 1.0
Copyright (c) 1999-2002 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)
Last Modified: 11-24-2002
License: GPL

External Data I/O
-----------------
Object Data:      TEMPLATE
Status Data:      DATABASE (MySQL)
Retention Data:   DATABASE (MySQL)
Comment Data:     DATABASE (MySQL)
Downtime Data:    DATABASE (MySQL)
Performance Data: FILE

-------
* Embedded Perl compiler (With caching)

BTW, I've been building RPM's from the tar files, and whoever is in
charge of the rpm specs may like to know that p1.pl is not in the rpm.
I had to manually copy it over to /usr/sbin.

I also got the mini_epn (which also is not in the rpm)

Here's my results from the command line and via mini_epn

./check_ifstatus -H XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.X
Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at ./check_ifstatus line 194.
CRITICAL: host 'XXX.XXX.XXX.X', interfaces up: 30, down: 1, dormant:
0<BR>DS3 Controller B -- Standby: down -> <BR>

./mini_epn
Enter file name: check_ifstatus -H XXX.XXX.XXX.X
embedded perl plugin output was -2,CRITICAL: host 'XXX.XXX.XXX.X',
interfaces up: 30, down: 1, dormant: 0<BR>DS3 Controller B -- Standby:
down -> <BR>

Enter file name: ERROR: No snmp response from XXX.XXX.XXX.X (alarm timeout)
ExitTrap: 3 (Embed::check_5fifstatus) at (eval 1) line 4.

^^^^And after about 10 seconds this pops up and mini_epm exits ^^^^

Here's the check_rpc stuff
./check_rpc -H ginger -C nfs
OK: RPC program nfs version 2 version 3 udp running

./mini_epn
Enter file name: check_rpc -H ginger -C nfs
embedded perl plugin output was -2,OK: RPC program nfs version 2 version
3 udp running

Enter file name: ERROR: No response from RPC server (alarm)
ExitTrap: 3 (Embed::check_5frpc) at (eval 1) line 4.

Again the Error from the perl script/mini_epn comes approx 10 seconds
after the check successfully runs...