Services disappear

Dan Rich drich at employees.org
Fri Mar 7 16:28:54 CET 2003

Joe Stuart said:

> I have a slight problem with services not showing up in the web
> interface. I have about 84 entries with 44 of them being hosts. It will
> consistently show 55 of the entries and randomly display all 84 at once.
> Then after the next refresh it will revert back to showing only 55
> entries and there doesnt seem to be any ryme or reason to it. I'm
> running nagios version 1.0 on redhat 7.3. Any help would be
> appreciated.

Make sure you do not have multiple copies of nagios running.  I have seen
things like this happen multiple times when a restart doesn't kill off the old
copy of nagios.  You end up with one copy running against your new config file
and one copy running against an older version of the config.  When you connect
to the web interface, sometimes you get information from one, sometimes from
the other.

--
Dan Rich <drich at employees.org> |   http://www.employees.org/~drich/