problems using check_snmp to monitor sendmail

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Thu Mar 6 18:43:56 CET 2003

I can't comment on the SNMP approach, but I'm curious:  Do you need to have
sendmail listening on socket 127.0.0.1:25?  I usually disable the listen
functionality of sendmail for outbound-only hosts.  Alternatively, if you're
going to have sendmail listen on port 25 at all, you could permit
connections from your Nagios server.  (I know, it would mean tweaking all
the hosts that you're interested in monitoring....)

Food for thought.

jc