Pb with passive service check

Steve Dussaux stevox2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 11:47:49 CET 2003

Hello,

I don't manage to get my passive check service working, it's still being in pending state...
I have defined a passive service to check SNMP traps.
In services.cfg i have added the following service :

define service {
host_name		UOF35
service_description	Trap_test
is_volatile		1
active_checks_enabled	0
passive_check_enabled	1
max_check_attempts	1
contact_groups		nagios-admins
notification_interval	120
notification_period	24x7
notification_options	w,u,c,r
check_period		24x7
normal_check_interval	2
max_check_attempts	1
retry_check_interval	1
check_command		check_none
}

with the following check_none command defined in checkcommands.cfg

define command {
command_name	check_none
command_line	$USER1$/check_none (it's a dummy script that just return 0)
}

Is it a good passive service check definition ?

How does Nagios link the service and the result submitted by nsca ?
with the service_description in $NAGIOS_PATH/var/rw/nagios.cmd ?

Please help, i'm so confused with passive checks.

Steve