Missing scripts?

Greg Webster greg at intouch.ca
Wed Mar 5 00:50:53 CET 2003

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:55:35 +1100: Stanley Hopcroft <Stanley.Hopcroft at IPAustralia.Gov.AU> wrote:
> that it looks to me as if configure failed to find the gd libraries used
> to build the graphics for the CGI programs.
>
> I suggest,
>
> 1 Ensure that libgd.so (and or .a) is on your system

# locate libjpeg.so
/usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62
/usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62.0.0
# locate libgd.so
/usr/lib/libgd.so.1
/usr/lib/libgd.so.1.8.4
/usr/lib/libgd.so.2
/usr/lib/libgd.so.2.0.1
# locate libpng.so
/usr/lib/libpng.so.2
/usr/lib/libpng.so.2.1.0.12
/usr/lib/libpng.so.3
/usr/lib/libpng.so.3.1.2.1

I've ran the following with the same result:
./configure --with-gd-lib=/usr/lib --with-gd-inc=/usr/include
(not sure exactly what it's looking for in --with-gd-inc)

> What OS are you running. FreeBSD also fails to find gd without configure
> options.

Debian 'testing' release.

Here is what it gives me for errors:
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 1)... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 2)... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 3)... no

*** GD, PNG, and/or JPEG libraries could not be located... *********

Boutell's GD library is required to compile the statusmap, trends
and histogram CGIs.  Get it from http://www.boutell.com/gd/, compile
it, and use the --with-gd-lib and --with-gd-inc arguments to specify
the locations of the GD library and include files.

NOTE: In addition to the gd-devel library, you'll also need to make
      sure you have the png-devel and jpeg-devel libraries installed
      on your system.

...I wish this gave more concise errors...if it's not finding one specific library, then I wanna know that!

Thanks!

Greg