$OUTPUT$ in misccommands.cfg Question...

David Levine dlevine at seasontickets.com
Wed Mar 5 00:01:40 CET 2003

Hi all -

I am having a little trouble with email notifications...
I receive the messages just fine, but I am experiencing the following
behavior:

With check_nt,  am getting the output from USEDDISKSPACE.
It displays fine on the Nagios (web) interface, but when I receive an
(email)
notification, this is what I get:

Notification Type: PROBLEM
Service Name: Disk Usage Stats - D
On Host: host.domain.com
Host IP Address: 192.168.100.8
Service State: CRITICAL
Occurence Date/Time: Tue Mar 4 17:48:51 CST 2003
Additional Info:
D:

It is the last line that I am curious about - there is nothing beyond the
"D:".
I can also see this error message from the Nagios host console:

/usr/bin/printf: \ : invalid escape

This makes sense to me, because the backslash (as in D:\) is an escape
character
in printf. However, is there a way that I can stop this - so I can get all
of the information in the email notification?

Thanks!

David
dlevine at seasontickets.com