Nagios Portsentry integration problem

Markus Kauws markus.kauws at lycos.de
Tue Mar 4 12:02:37 CET 2003

Hello,

we are working at a Linux Monitoring Project based on Nagios but there
are a few problems with it. We have tried to integrate the
intrusion-detection-system portsentry on an external host (our
Web-Server) and want the results of port-scans be send to the
Nagios-Server. Therefore we have installed the Nagios nsca Addon.

Our problem:

nsca seems working correctly but if we want the port scan results
(checked by Portsentry) to be send to the Nagios-Server, the
connection between Nagios and Portsentry over nsca is not established.
The portscan process in Nagios is shown as Pending all time.
We've done the integration of Portsentry as described in the Nagios
Documentaton.
Please help!!! Were is our error?!? What can we do to solve this
problem???

Thanks in advance.

Markus