RedHat 8.0, latest Nagios install and GD Libs not found

Tom Dunlap tdunlap_z at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 1 05:33:22 CET 2003

I installed Nagios on a RH8.0 server.
I installed all the appropriate graphics libraries
according to Boutwell's web site (ljpeg, ljpeg-devel,...)
but the Nagios configure still tells me that the gd libs
are not found.  I located them manually, checked that
they were installed and their LIB and INC locations.  I
ran Nagios configure with the --with-gd-lib and
--with-gd-inc settings - still no luck.

All the graphics packages were installed with RPM except
for the GD libs - could not find an RPM for this so I had
to compile them manually.

Any ideas?

Thank you
Tom Dunlap