Checking remote disk space with check_disk.

Michael Warner mwarner57 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 1 02:19:42 CET 2003

I am setting up Nagios for the first time, and am having some problems
getting disk usage stats from a remote hosts (capra).  I am getting disk
stats on Nagios, but they appear to be coming from the machine Nagios is
running on (marlin). Is there anything special I need to to to get the
command to execute remotely? My .cfg syntax is as follows:

services.cfg:

# Service definition for Linux local disk free space /dev/hda3
define service{
use generic-service ; Name of service template to use
host_name capra
service_description /dev/hda3 Disk Space
is_volatile 0
check_period 24x7
contact_groups sys
notification_options w,u,c,r
check_command check_local_disk!"/dev/hda3"
}

checkcommands.cfg
# 'check_local_disk' command definition
define command{
command_name check_local_disk
command_line /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_disk -w 10% -c 5% -p $ARG1$ -v
}

Thanks!

Mike Warner