Service notifications and host groups

Larry Bills larry.bills at mci.com
Sat Jun 28 21:11:21 CEST 2003

Dan.... et.al

This is not at all an practice in general in the industry for large
corporations involved in the computer business. For some of our servers have
the operating system and hardware taken care of an outsourced company, while
the applications on the servers are taken care of by many different parties,
that may or may not be related. Servers running 32 cpu's and several
terrabytes of memory and disk space, are not usually all one group of users.

Also some require customer notification for some items only, and many
different support groups are involved within one server environment. What
about 10 different Oracle databases for instance on one server, managed by
10 different groups for 10 different applications.

We have over 5000 servers similar to this scenerio.

Just my 2 cents

Larry Bills