nagios.log

Matthieu Parisot mat at avedya.com
Wed Jun 25 18:45:35 CEST 2003

Hi,
The date is given in unix timestamp format, at the begining of each line;
You can have a more readable output using these bash functions :

disp()
{
    while read; do
        REPLY=${REPLY/[/};
        REPLY=${REPLY/]/};
        set $REPLY;
        dat=$(date -d "1970-01-01 UTC $1 seconds" +"%Y-%m-%d %T ")
        shift;
        echo $dat $*;
    done
}

logread ()
{
    if ! [ $# -eq 0 ]
    then
      cat $* | disp
    else
      disp
    fi
}

You just cut and paste theses funcs in your terminal (assuming you are
running bash),
then you can do :
logread nagios-05-28-2003-00.log
and then life is a bit less of a pain for you...

Regards,

Matthieu Parisot.