Notification problems

Frank Gadot frank.gadot at epscorp.com
Tue Jun 24 02:11:03 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I have been looking for weeks now about this problem: At the very
begining, when a computer would be down, I would receive EMAIL + PAGER.
Now, it is or PAGER or EMAIL. I have no clue what I changed.

Here is an example for one computer:

hosts.cfg
#TEST
define host {
	use			generic-host
	host_name		TEST
	alias			TEST SERVER
	address			192.168.1.41
	check_command		check-host-alive
	max_check_attempts	3
	notification_interval	5
	notification_period	24x7
	notification_options	d,u,r
}

hostgroups.cfg
define hostgroup{
	hostgroup_name	PRODUCTION
	alias		High priority servers
	contact_groups	ADMIN-PAGER
	members		TEST
	}

services.cfg
define service{
	use				generic-service
	host_name			TEST
	service_description		PING
	is_volatile			0
	check_period			24x7
	max_check_attempts		3
	normal_check_interval		1
	retry_check_interval		1
	contact_groups			ADMIN-EMAIL
	notification_interval		5
	notification_period		24x7
	notification_options		u,c,r
	check_command			check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
}

contacts.cfg
everything about me

contactgroups.cfg
define contactgroup{
	contactgroup_name	ADMIN-PAGER
	alias			ADMIN for pagers
	members			frank
	}

So: The contact group for the host is ADMIN-PAGER , but the service
define ADMIN-EMAIL. Is there a way to receive both of them ?

Thank you.