NSCA and syslog-ng question

Michael Carpenter mikec at balmy.net
Mon Jun 23 22:27:31 CEST 2003

I am very new at Nagios and have a question regarding the NSCA extra and
using it with syslog-ng.

I have downloaded and complied the nsca, send-nsca, and the mcrypt
stuff.  I have edited the config files.  My issue is that my loghost is
also my nagios box.  In syslog-ng.conf do I need another source line
other than "source net { udp();};?  I also have the nagios.pipe
configured and I can see messages entering the pipe, and sitting there
for a time period.then they clear.

Also, how do I configure Nagios to use the information coming from the
pipe.

Thanks in advance.

Mike