Compile Error with MySQL Support

allan allan at ht-tech.net
Sat Jun 21 15:55:02 CEST 2003

I am attempting to compile Nagios with complete mySQL support.  The swithces I am using are ...

./configure --with-mysql-xdata --with-mysql-status --with-mysql-comments --with-mysql-extinfo --with-mysql-retention --with-mysql-downtime --with-mysql-inc=/usr/include/mysql --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/mysql

I have installed the following mySQL Packages..

mysql-3.23.54a-11
mysql-devel-3.23.54a-11
mysql-server-3.23.54a-11

though, when I try to compile - I get the following error..

*** MySQL library could not be located...*****************

You chose to compile Nagios with MySQL support, but I was unable to locate the MySQL library on your system.  If the library is
installed,  use the --with-mysql-lib and --with-mysql-inc arguments to specify the locations of the MySQL library and include files.

I have the following mysqlclient files in ghe /usr/lib/mysql directory -

/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a      /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0  /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so.10
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so     /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.a        /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so.10.0.0
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.10  /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so

Any ideas on how to get this to compile - would be appreciated.

Thanks,