HP/Compaq ILO and check_http

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Sat Jun 21 08:11:34 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 03:38, Jens Kruse wrote:
> Hi Karl!
>
> Karl DeBisschop wrote:
>  > On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 02:40, Jens Kruse wrote:
>

>  > I have only just scanned it, but it looks to me like the ILO is
>  > streaming the data...
>  >
>  > Could that be true?
>
> As far as I understand the White Paper
> (http://wwss1pro.compaq.com/support/reference_library/viewdocument.asp?countrycode=1000&prodid=510|Remote+Insight+Board+Lights-Out+Edition&source=TC020404TB.xml&dt=21)
>

> it is streaming ...
>
>  > If so, you need to be able put a size and/or time limit on it. You would
>  > probably like to be able to say 'report an error if in n seconds less
>  > than j bytes are delivered.'
>
> Where would I get these parameters? I'd probably have to measure the
> data (i.e. with wget)?

Yes. Shouldn't be too hard though - run wget to slurp up a page. If I
had this problem, I'd tell check_http to stop about halfway through the
page - it will change over time, so you don't want to require loading
100% of what you download via wget. I'd also probably do some sort of
string or regex check.

I'll try and add the size limit to the CVS HEAD in the next week or so -
with that you should have a sporting chance to make this work.

--
Karl