SNMP traps

Mooney, Ryan ryan.mooney at pnl.gov
Fri Jun 20 18:37:09 CEST 2003

Yeah thats true.  I setup a trap watcher like:

<snip>
check_freshness 		0
check_period    		none
active_checks_enabled 	1
passive_checks_enabled	1
stalking_options		c
<snip>

You will want to tweak as nessecary.  The "check_period none" with active enabled
makes the display show it as not being disabled so its a bit prettier.  I turned on
state stalking, since if I get another trap thats different from the first one I want
to know about it so that will force nagios to send me another alert.  If you are
watching for a "success" trap as well then, you'll want something more like the
nagios docs example where the freshness interval kicks off an alert script to let
you know that you never got it.