notify-by-epager, host-notify-by-epager problems (fwd)

Chip Parker chip at capalon.com
Fri Jun 20 12:47:37 CEST 2003

Is anyone other than me having output looking like this:

/usr/bin/printf "%b" "Service: check_alivenHost: hostname.hostdomain
Mail ServernAddress: 192.168.0.87nState: CRITICALnInfo: CRITICAL - Plugin
timed out after 10 secondsnDate: Fri Jun 20 06:33:19 EDT 2003" |
/usr/bin/mail -s "PROBLEM: $HOSTALIAS" $CONTACTEMAIL$

spit out by the commands in the subject header? I've got a gentoo machine
and a debian machine BOTH displaying this behavior in v1.1 of Nagios(r).
Anybody else that HAS experienced this or is NOT getting epager
notifications, please use the attached misccommands.cfg (basically adding
echo '<orig-command' >> file.log) and compare output with me, I'd really
like to know what's causing this, since it WAS NOT an issue in 1.0 AFAIK.

Thanks for everybody's time and hopefully I can get this issue sorted
soon.

Allen "Chip" Parker	urgent issues:	chipcell at capalon.com
chip at capalon.com			http://www.capalon.com
410-961-8311			http://www.hardcore-linux.net