Hundreds of Nagios procs

thomas.blidung at philips.com thomas.blidung at philips.com
Thu Jun 19 11:15:41 CEST 2003

Hi,

I just tried out what Michael said. It seems to work now.  I changed service_reaper_frequency from 10 to 5.

But this seems not to be the real solution for this problem.

Belonging to the discussion about hardware. I'm using an P-III with 866 MHz and 1GB ram.
In the past I did controling a network with netsaint about 500 service checks every 3 minutes. This was build on an Celeron 400 and 128 MB and the same hardware was acting as an SNMP colletor for MRTG. -- No Problems.
Now I'm switched to Nagios on a new hardware and completly new software an only  250 checks only checking  in 5 minutes and I ran into the trouble.

tom

Thomas Blidung
thomas.blidung at philips.com
Philips Research Hamburg