Optimal Config for hundreds of passive checks

solo molo solomolo90 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 19 00:41:48 CEST 2003

I have nagios running on redhat 8.0 on a compaq DL360 with dual 800mhz procs
and 1GB ram.  Nagios receives 400 passive check results every 10 minutes and
another 100+ active checks are perfomed every 5 minutes.  My loads are never
very high, but nagios gets way behind on processing the passive checks.  The
problem is especially bad when some of the passive checks return critical
results.  I've seen the delay as bad as 20 hours.  That is when I check the
log, nagios is receiving current passive results, but displaying results
from 20 hours ago in the UI.  I'd appreciate any suggestion as to how I can
configure nagios to process the passive results more quickly.  I'm using the
following config:

inter_check_delay_method=d #I can't use smart because I have a few checks
that only run once every 24 hours and throw off the average.

service_interleave_factor=s
max_concurrent_checks=0
service_reaper_frequency=5
sleep_time=1