check_nwstat Segmentation Fault snmpget Timeout

Michael Hüttig Michael.Huettig at Medien-Systempartner.de
Wed Jun 18 17:55:41 CEST 2003

Hi everybody,
i've succesfully compiled and installed nagios1.1 and plugins 1.3.0 under
Solaris9 (ultra1). Also i installed all necessary libaries and packages from
sunfreeware like net-snmp and perl Net::SNMP.

Now i want to check wether my plugins work properly, former installation runs
under RH7.3 with Nagios 1.0.

When i start check_nwstat i get segmentation fault.

When i start snmpget i get Timeout, tcpdump shows, that packets were going
out, so i think, the request couldn't understand from the devices, i want to
get the info from.

I'm a solaris newbee, but having no problems with RH or SuSE.

Thanks a lot for your help
--
Regards
Michael