Multi-level service dependencies... not working

Tom DE BLENDE Tom.DeBlende at dhl.com
Tue Jun 17 08:41:00 CEST 2003

Gentlemen,

I hope I can be the bringer of good news. I had the same problem back
in the Netsaint days. The issue is indeed what mister Hopcroft is
referring to: service dependencies only seem to work when the service
is in a hard state.

However, there is a setting you can add to your nagios.cfg:

soft_state_dependencies=1

This should solve your problems as Nagios will now act upon soft
service states as well. It worked for me.

Hope this works out for you.

Tom