nrpe on RedHat 9

Martin, Jeremy jmartin at gsi-kc.com
Mon Jun 16 21:41:23 CEST 2003

By the way...

It wasn't work with nrpe v2.x because I still had v1.5 of check_nrpe on my Nagios server.

I can now get it to work ok if I run it as /etc/nrpe/nrpe -d /etc/nrpe/nrpe.cfg manually (I added it to /etc/rc.d/rc.local so its started automatically upon reboot)... but trying to run nrpe with -i instead of -d still causes "CHECK_NRPE: Error receiving data from host." errors. Ah well, at least it's working, somehow, now.

Just saying all this for the record in case anyone runs into this in the future and bothers to search the archives...

Jeremy