check_http and *.jsp

Patrick LeBoutillier patrick_leboutillier at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 16 16:23:52 CEST 2003

Here's my stab at it:

It's probably a HTTP/1.0 vs. HTTP/1.1 issue.

HTTP/1.1 requires a specific header (Host: ) to be sent by the client in
order for the
HTTP request to be valid.

The plugin code does this:

        case 'H': /* Host Name (virtual host) */
            asprintf (&host_name, "%s", optarg);
            break;

then this:

    /* optionally send the host header info (not clear if it's usable) */
    if (strcmp (host_name, ""))
        asprintf (&buf, "%sHost: %s\r\n", buf, host_name);

So if you don't use the -H option, you can't succesfully talk to a HTTP/1.1
server.

Patrick LeBoutillier
Laval, Quebec, Canada