Check_log and rotation?

Christopher Kalos ckalos at esaya.com
Fri Jun 13 18:41:09 CEST 2003

    This morning, I saw a false alarm generated by check_log.  I'm using it
on logfiles generated by DJB's multilog program, which are rotated fairly
often.  Unfortunately, this means that any term which was found prior to the
log rotation will create an alert *just after* the log rotates, based on the
output of diff on the old logfile and the new one.
    Does anyone else have this problem, and if so, how do you get around it?

Thanks,
Christopher Kalos