Problems with nagios remembering things

Martin Hebrank mhh at apk.net
Fri Jun 13 14:46:02 CEST 2003

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 03:26:40PM -0600, Mikel Bauer wrote:
   [snip for space]
> Nagios seems to (unless I'm missing an obvious step) "cache" the
> previous setup of an existing service, and not let this be changed via
> the config files.
>
> I have the same problem with notifications.  If I originally have
> notifications enabled for a host, does this happily for a time, then I
> go and disable notifications in the service and hosts files, it still
> thinks that notifications are enabled, until I force an external command
> for each specific host/service, or wipe the status/history of nagios.
>
> Maybe I'm smokin something, but that's what's happening.

Nope. It stores certain things. If you check the docs, the descriptions
for certain options have an asterisk (*) next to them that indicates that
nagios stores them. Look into the retain_nonstatus_information option.

Silly me, I just ran into the same problem on my setup so this message is
also a thanks to Volker for correcting me.

** Martin

--
Martin Hebrank. Systems Administrator/Postmaster
APK.net, Cleveland, OH.