Nagios Segmentation Fault

Fri Jun 13 04:55:23 CEST 2003

Dear Sir,

This will be the last of anyones time I waste with this.

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 08:35:28PM -0600, Robert S. Galloway wrote:
> Hi Stan,
>
> Thanks for the information about this being contributed code, but frankly
> you should have left it at that. I do what I can to support open source
> software. (I write documentation and how to docs.) But it sounds to me like
> you believe that if I cannot contribute code that I shouldn't use it?? WTF?

No.

If you don't contribute code, I suggest you do not complain about its
quality, or exert pressure on others to do something about it.

> Also, if you wanted to rant and flame someone, why don't you follow your own
> advice and keep it off the list?

If you really want to help Open Source Software (whatever that is), I
suggest more substantial contributions are necessary.

Developers need

 . encouragement - what could be a more sincere gesture of appreciation
                   than any of

		 - a case of the right stuff
		 - a cheque
		 - some good chocolates (bait)
		 - a good book
		 - a personal letter or postcard
		 - something for their kids

. cash		- if people are developing for MS platforms, they
		need to buy MS visual studio etc etc in order that
		they can give their code away.

. and what it sounds like you are already doing.

If you want to know of people producing good stuff and are struggling
please, I will let you know.

Yours sincerely.

Stanley Hopcroft

from Meditation 17, J Donne.