How to monitor virtually hosted websites? (newbie alert!)

Ton Machielsen ton.machielsen at private.com
Thu Jun 12 08:58:00 CEST 2003

> I've been installing them over and over again. I can't seem
> to get is working. I'm using OpenBSD for my server. I
> downloaded and installed gd-2.0.15.tar.gz and
> png-1.2.5p1.tgz, but i can't seem to get it working.

OK, this is working now. RTFM issue. :-O

> > > How can i monitor virtually hosted websites? I have seen examples
> > where
> > > they configure websites as hosts with different IP
> addresses, but i
> > have
> > > all my sites on one IP address. How?
> >
> > Check_http --help
> >
> > The -H flag is what you want.

This still is not. In my services.cfg i have:

define service{
        use                             templ_service           ; Name
of service template to use
        host_name                       w1
        service_description             WWW.WEBSITE.COM
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command
check_http!http://www.website.com
        }

Can't see anything wrong with it. I'll keep on reading though.

Thanks for the help so far.

Ton.